Musical Munchkins™ Program
Children are exposed to a wide variety of musical concepts and basic English through singing, dancing, playing musical instruments and storytelling.
- Courses for very young children concentrate on rhythms, tone, images, colour and counting.
- Children ages 3 and up learn to read music and play basic patterns on a keyboard, with songs and instructions in English.
- The program focuses on three-way participation: parent - child - educator.
Parental participation plays an important role in the success of the learning process.
Consistent attendance is required. Classes meet once a week for a semester that lasts 17 weeks.
We use our own teaching method and materials, and we produce our own music with original songs.
- Children can sight read musical notes, be able to play piano and identify primary chords.
- Children establish good practice habits.
- Children are prepared for their formal, ongoing education.
- Children develop globally relevant skills for the future: creativity, social skills, language adaptability.
All instruction is in English. Parent/Guardian participation is required.
All children who are enrolled in the complete semester course with attend consistently will receive a Student Progress Report at the end of each semester.